There are two kinds of treadmills available for you to buy, one is the manual treadmill which requires human exertion in order for the treadmill to move and the electric treadmill which means the machine has a motor which turns the trend. The question is which one is better?
These treadmills have been around a long time because and they probably preceded the electric treadmill.
Positive aspects of the manual treadmills:
- It’s usually costs a lot less than an electric treadmill.
- It takes more effort to turn the treadmill which means burning more calories.
- Treadmill will be a lot lighter to move around then with a motor.
- You control the pace because you’re self-propelled.
- No need for electric outlet.
- Motor-less machine means less maintenance.
Negative aspect of manual treadmills:
- Finding a quality made manual treadmill. Stamina is one brand which has been making manual treadmills for years.
- Cheap manual treadmills tend to be very difficult to use because the tread motion is not smooth and becomes very tough on the knees and feet.
- Unfortunately top selling Treadmill Brands do not make manual treadmills because I guess they can’t make enough money off of them.
- It does require a lot of exertion to make this treadmill move which might be too much for some people.
These treadmills first started to show up in hospitals because of the rehab and cardio ability.
Positive aspects of the electric treadmills:
- Having a motor makes this machine far more fluid and smooth.
- Easier on your knees because it takes less effort to move the tread.
- It will probably last longer because then a manual treadmill because they are usually made with better quality parts.
- If you like to run then there’s no better machine then an electric treadmill.
Negative aspect of electric treadmills:
- Electric treadmills will probably cost more than a manual treadmill.
- These Electric motors today will usually last a long time depending on quality, horsepower and use but if they go on hummer you will be on the hook if your warranty has run out.
- These treadmills will require an electrical outlet and are heavier than manuals.
Page is for Informational purposes only.